How do we get greasy hair?
Actually, the fat of the sebaceous glands should ensure that our hair remains supple and does not dry out. In addition, it lies like a protective layer on the scalp and protects it from external influences. Unfortunately, these glands are often a bit overzealous and produce too much grease. This can no longer be fully absorbed by the hair and is deposited as a film. The result: greasy, stringy hair that makes your appearance look unkempt. And how does this hyperfunction develop? The cause of the hairy problem is in most cases the wrong care. But hormonal fluctuations, an unhealthy diet, or genetic predisposition can also be the reason. A stressful lifestyle or wearing a cap too often can also be to blame for the greasy hair. In medicine, by the way, the overfunction of the sebaceous glands is called seborrhea. Yes, that sounds like an incurable disease. But it's not that bad. And: There is help!
What is the difference between hair wax and hair gel for men?
Let's face it: hair gel was and is the clear number one in men's hair styling. But hair gel is not suitable for every hairstyle and every hair type. Sometimes hair wax is better. But what is the difference between hair wax and hair gel and what do you use what for?
Men like it uncomplicated, therefore the most important differences between hair wax and hair gel in terms of hold, consistency, as well as advantages and disadvantages compiled in advance:
What can be done against oily hair
The myth that greasy hair is caused by washing your hair too often has been around for ages. But it is not accurate. The only important thing is that when shampooing, make sure not to massage the scalp too much - because this stimulates the production of the sebaceous glands and the fat is produced in excess. Also, use a shampoo specifically for oily hair. When rinsing, make sure that you only work the shampoo into the lengths of the hair and not into the roots. The water temperature when washing also plays a role:
Because heat irritates the scalp, which then reacts with increased talc production as a protective function, the water should only be lukewarm. The same applies to blow-drying: Here you should definitely pay attention to a moderate temperature - the highest level is taboo in this case! After washing, do not rub the hair with a towel, as this also unnecessarily stimulates the sebaceous glands. Frequent and long hair brushing should also be avoided, as this also stimulates the production of grease.
Because oily hair is often over-groomed, you should not use too many styling products. These additionally weigh down the hair and make it look even flatter.
Hair care tips for oily hair:
1. greasy hair is usually particularly noticeable in fringe hairstyles. Better are stylings with middle or side parting.
2. hair colorations, bleaching or highlights dry out the scalp and hair a little - quite desirable with oily scoops.
3. clean brushes and combs best once a week with a mild shampoo, so they remain free of sebum and residues from styling products.
4. when shampooing, do not massage the scalp too vigorously, this can further stimulate the sebaceous glands.
5. if no dry shampoo is at hand: some transparent face powder has a similar effect. Dust it on very finely, massage it in and brush it out thoroughly.
Always wash hair in the morning, if possible. At night, the sebaceous glands work particularly zealously.
7. healing clay helps to degrease. Mix powder with water to a paste, apply to the scalp for 20 minutes and rinse thoroughly or you can use our CARE VITAL NUTRITION THERMAL CREAM.